Monday, March 14, 2011

Mandy's Book of the Week (3/14)


This is a book for everyone.

The Book Thief is a book about a girl, Liesel, living in Nazi Germany and it is narrated by Death.

I can't say too much without giving bits and pieces away, but I'll say this: I laughed, I cried, I was scared, and I hoped.  (Don't read too much into the crying; I cry very easily.)  It provoked a lot of emotions.  It is an amazing story.

Come by and pick it up so we can talk about it.  I always need someone to talk about books with when I finish them.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the few books that has made me cry and it was really awkward. I was at the table with my Dad eating dinner and reading (because I couldn't put this book down) then after I finished it I put it down slowly on the table and bursted into tears. My dad was quite bewildered. Lol

    ReplyDelete