Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I have some of the best teens in the world swing by my section of the library.  Most of the time, they are kind, funny, and respectful.

When Amy, my assistant, and I decided that we wanted to honor the mothers who have raised these awesome kids, we couldn't think of any better way than to let the kids tell us why their moms rock.

Why my mom is the best mom in the world:

My mom isn't just my mom, she is my best friend.  I can talk to her about anything and everything. -Thea Grayham

My mom is the best mom in the world because she always puts my sister and I first.  She would give up anything for us. (Plus, she makes the BEST grilled cheese!) -Shayna Devore

Because she raised me to be strong and kind. -Lizzie

Because she is always there for me and anyone who needs help. -Brandi

Why my mom is the best mom?  Well, she always makes time to do what I want.  Most of the time anyway.  And she's got to take care of twins.  I should say she mostly lets US do what WE want, which makes her cool, mom-wise. -Bryston and Reece Hickman

She lives with me and hasn't tried to kill me yet or anything close.  That makes her amazing. -Janie Brown

My mom is the best mom in the world because she is always here for me and listens to my problems no matter how tired or busy she is.  She is pretty much my best friend.  I love her a lot. :-) -Chelsee Kinslow

Because she loves me, supports me, sympathizes with me, and has somehow found the willpower to put up with me for 15 years straight. -Evan Webb

She loves me, she is always there in my time of need, a wonderful listener and a fantastic cook.  She knows how to cheer me up when I feel sad.  She never judges.  Even though she seems mean at the time, she does it to prepare me for this world and teach me how to fight for what I want. -Beth Bauwens

She has all of the information in the world it seems like. -Kamden Kellogg (If only they knew!)

Because she is the one I can always talk to no matter the circumstances. -Kassi Kilgore

'Cause she is the awesomest person in the world! -Elizabeth Wilson

She's beautiful and hilarious. -Praew


I can only imagine what it is like to parent teenagers, but I get the impression that it is an arduous job.  So here's to you, moms of teens!  The love you and appreciate you.  Here's the proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment