Monday, April 25, 2011

Mandy's Book of the Week (4/25)

This rain has me feeling like I live in Forks.  Good thing we're nice and dry here at the library!

I had some trouble deciding what book to make the book of the week this week.  I'm currently reading one that I really, really want to highlight, but I'm not done yet so I don't feel like I can.

So I'll highlight this one instead:


Nick Hornby is a British author and so this book is very British, which I love.  I find it really neat to explore the slang and culture from other places.

Slam is the story of a guy.  He's just a regular guy.  He likes skateboarding and has read Tony Hawk's autobiography (which we have at our library, by the way) about a million times.  It is like his Bible.  He finally starts doing ok in school.  He's getting along with his mom.  He finally meets a girl and falls head over heels for her.

And just when all this stuff is clicking into place for him, he gets his girlfriend pregnant.

How does it all pan out?  Come get the book and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment