Friday, February 18, 2011

Buried Under New Books

If you follow our Facebook feed at all, you know that I ordered a ton of new books for our section.

If you don't follow our feed, you should!  I even made it easy and gave you a link on the right. *glances over there*

Anyway, a lot of the books are here and I wanted to give you a preview of a few that I was especially excited about.


Ellen Hopkins is the author of Identical, Burned, Glass, and Fallout.  They have some really mature themes in them, but they are wonderful reads.  We actually have copies of these here already, but they are so popular that we ordered more.


This series, by Lisa McMann, follows a girl who is basically assaulted by other people's dreams.  Very cool concept and very good books.  This is a new series to our library.  Wouldn't it be cool to be the first person to check it out?


Here is the lovely Amy with a second set of the Uglies series.  I just read Uglies last weekend and it was great.  I'm planning on picking up the next book, Pretties, to read this weekend.



This is a great book chronicling the experience of a young man who is serving as the vet to a circus in the 1930s.  It has been made into a movie, although I don't think it has been released yet, starring Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson.  Is everyone familiar with Mr. Pattinson?  He's the guy that plays Edward in the Twilight films.


We ordered a few non-fiction and historical fiction books as well.  The Boy in the Striped Pajamas is a beautiful and heartbreaking story.
 

I have to admit that I wanted to read this before I even knew it was a YA (young adult) book.  We ordered two copies and I snagged one right away.  So far it is a really interesting story.  And it is another that is being made into a movie (I actually think this movie is coming out this weekend).

So come get a book!  The weather is supposed to be beautiful this weekend; come get a book and go read at the park in the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment