Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Are you ready for summer?

I feel like summer should be in all caps.  SUMMER!

It is coming.  For some of you, namely Cotter and Norfork peeps, it is already here.  Mountain Home has four more days to go.

Here at the library, we have a packed schedule for you.  There is something for everyone. 

Want to watch a movie?  We've got you covered. 

Just want to play a video game?  We've got that too. 

Feeling artsy?  We've even got crafts. 

Feeling smart?  Come join one of our book clubs.

At the very least, especially for you that really enjoy reading and know you'll be doing lots of it, I'd encourage you to come do our summer reading program.  You can pick up your "passport" next Wednesday, June 8, and you'll get prizes starting when you hit the 10 hour mark and working up from there.  The more you read, the bigger the prizes get.  Eventually you could be the winner of Hastings gift cards, iTunes gift cards, Thai food gift certificates, and a lot more.

We also have a side contest going on for what I'm calling the "volume readers."  I can read a whole lot in a small space of time, so if you think you can beat me, page-wise, bring it on. ;-)  If you do, we'll enter you in a separate prize drawing.

I am excited for summer!  And I also don't think you can read more than me.  Bring it on!
Pamphlets with all of our summer activities can be found either on the Teen slat wall (it is over the search computer in our area) or we can give you one at the Teen Desk.

Registration opened today, so hop to it!

1 comment: